Friday, December 16, 2011

The failure of music

I must apologize for iPod magic. I liked the idea, but it didn't pan out. mostly because I made the mistake of implementing a new project in the middle of finals. Not to mention the fact that I am in the middle of a rather hairy rewrite of my primary WIP.


So iPod magic, while the idea is neat, especially considering my iPod's content, is on hold for the foreseeable future. I can however tell you a little bit about the concept that I began when it came to what was supposed to be a story based off of Bruno Mars' "It Will Rain".

My story was based off of a man who lives a quiet life to himself. Throughout the story it seems like he is in mourning. His wife has died. There are continual (not overbearingly, however) references to "when she was here" or "it was done for her". Now I only got roughly a thousand words in before I had to put the keyboard away for books, but I had the story outlined. The story was to continue to unfold about this half a life that this man now leads and then at the end of the story we find out what happened to his wife.
She comes over to pick up the divorce papers that he has just signed.

I think another issue that arose for me was that this isn't my genre (general fiction). To me, real people and their lives aren't that interesting. I'm a fan of things with a supernatural/sci-fi bent, so this story about a man being swallowed by the misery of his divorce didn't scream out "oo-ooo, write me!" and therefore, it didnt get written.

I will put it on my back burner with the rest of my simmering ideas and maybe, one day, it will get written, even if its just for me.

Well, I am off to nurse a migraine. Hopefully I will be back in my regular schedule pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment