Friday, November 18, 2011

iPod Magic

This is a challenge that I first read about in the pages of Pete Morin's Uneasy Living. It's only for myself, but here is what I plan on doing.

Every two weeks I am going to write a short story inspired by a randomly selected song from my playlist. This will be interesting.

I plan on posting excerpts from those works here after I finish that particular song (song info to be included). Now for the reason for this challenge.

My husband paints and since it had been awhile since he had drawn or painted the human body,  he set out to just sketch them on a more regular basis. Needless to say his human anatomy has gotten better with practice.

To me that is what this challenge is about. Improving my writing by writing. Yeah the concept isn't new or even a slightly startling revelation, but I needed a way to challenge myself that would be authentic to who I am as a writer and not have to involve writing prompts.

Also, songs can help me tap into my emotional side and help me form words for feelings that I honestly don't understand how to put into words at times.

Anyway, it is Friday and it marks day one of my challenge. The song is Bruno Mars' It Will Rain.

Hopefully I can live up to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment